The Eel River watershed has many opportunities for hiking, camping, kayaking, and more!
Check out this inspiring video of kayakers enjoying some whitewater on the Middle Fork Eel River.
If you’re an experienced paddler with your own gear, we highly recommend Dan Menten’s New School Guide to Northern California Whitewater.
- Crab Park
- Table Bluff
- Centerville Beach
- Van Duzen County Park (Swimmers Delight & Pamplin Grove)
- Margarite Lockwood Park
- Humboldt Redwoods
- Grizzly Creek Redwoods
- Benbow State Recreation Area
- Richardson’s Grove
- Reynolds Wayside Campground
- Smithe Redwoods Natural Reserve
- Standish Hickey
- Sinkyone Wilderness
- Admiral WilliamStandley Recreation Area
National Forests & Wilderness Areas
- Sanhedrin Wilderness
- Snow Mountain Wilderness
- Yolla Bolly – Middle Eel Wilderness
- Yuki Wilderness
- North Fork Wilderness
- Mount Lassic Wilderness