A shadowy shell corporation is threatening our future with an apparent proposal to purchase the Northwestern Pacific rail line, kill the dream of the Great Redwood Trail, and ultimately export coal to Asia from Humboldt Bay. Tune in to hear your friends from Friends of the Eel River, Humboldt Baykeeper, and EPIC discuss the details of how such an absurd proposal is even possible, and why we must take this threat seriously and fight it with everything we’ve got!
- Aiming to Ship Coal Out of Humboldt Bay, Shadowy Corporation Makes Bid to Take Over NCRA Line Lost Coast Outpost, Sept. 2.
- North Coast lawmakers gearing up to battle coal export proposal tied to Humboldt Santa Rosa Press Democrat, Sept. 3.
- Is coal industry behind secretive plan to preserve a defunct California railroad? Salt Lake Tribune, Sept. 9.
Please join us in demanding our local, state, and national representatives use every possible means to stop the coal train. We need your support on two actions.
- Tell the Surface Transportation Board to proceed with railbanking.
- Tell the Humboldt Bay Harbor District to protect Humboldt Bay by passing an ordinance to prohibit or impede coal export facilities within their jurisdiction.